Kalinchowk, Just WOW! If you are traveling to Nepal or if you are a citizen of Nepal then you must visit this place. It lies North-East Nepal in the Janakpur zone. All over the year, trekkers from different places get here. This is the place that has an altitude of 3790m which makes it the closest place to have such a high altitude from KTM.
This place is highly famous among Buddhists and of course Hindus. You can experience a different culture, topography, lifestyle, and diversities. Mountains such as Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal, Shisha Pangma, Dorje Lakpa, Jugal Himal, Gauri Shankar, etc can be seen from the Kalinchwok hill.
Reaching to Kalinchowk?
– For reaching Kalinchwok you have two choice:
- Kathmandu to Dolalghat to Khadichaur to Charikot = (130km). You can use your private vehicle i.e. car, jeep, bike, or take a local bus.
- Kathmandu to Banepa to Khurkot to Tamakoshi to Charikot (170km).This is a better route than the above one as the road condition is better.
But you need to hike 18km from Charikot to Kira. That 18km gonna cost you around 7 – 8 hours. So be careful.
Moving Towards The Trek:-
- You will start your trek from Charikot and reach to Kuri Village which will take around 5-6 hours. Along the way, you will get the opportunity to view beautiful flora and fauna.
“Kuri is a small village that is just under the Kalinchwok hill. This village is very beautiful that has many hotels and lodges for the visitors.“
- From Kuri, you need to hike for about 2hrs to reach the Kalinchowk hill. From there you will get the chance to see beautiful landscapes and even mountains. Also, the hill consists of “Kalinchwok Bhagwati” where all the Hindus come to worship.
“Another option for reaching to the top is through Cable Car. It was opened a few years ago.”
Can I return the same day to Kathmandu?
If you are taking the public bus then no way! But if you are using a private vehicle then you can do that. It is a lot tiering for sure.
Do I need some Guides for Kalinchwok trek?
- Absolutely NO! If you are a Nepali citizen.
- If you are foreigner then you then it depends up on you. On your social skills.